Here are 102 Questions to ask while you are dating (or engaged or married for that matter!) Questions are a great way to get to know someone. Kody and I have asked each other these question to help us understand one another better. It’s also a great conversation starter as well. I hope these question help you in your relationship as much as it has mine. God bless you!
1. On a scale of 1-to-flipping-the-table, how competitive are you when playing board games?
2. Tell me a story of the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
3. Where is the most unusual place you’ve ever used the bathroom?
4. Would you rather drive or fly to a vacation?
5. What is your ideal thermostat temperature?
6. If you were stranded on an island what 3 things would you take?
7. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
8. Are you a dog or cat person?
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
10. Are you a planner or are you spontaneous?
11. Tell me your favorite joke!
12. What’s your dream car?
13. You just won the lottery, how do you spend your money?
14. Are you an Apple or an Android?
15. Would you use a coupon on a first date?
16. If you could go to lunch with 3 people from history, who would you choose?
17. If you could change an event in history what would you change?
18. Where has your favorite vacation been?
19. Do you have any allergies?
20. What’s the greatest gift you ever given? Received?
21. If you could live in any time period, which one would you pick?
1. How often do you work out?
2. What chore do you hate doing the most?
3. Are you always early or always late?
4. How often do you clean your bed sheets?
5. Do you prefer outdoor activities or indoor activities?
6. When was the last time you raised your voice?
7. How do you feel about guns?
8. What is your opinion on vaccines and the flu shot?
9. What is on your secret Pinterest boards?
10. What are you favorite movies? Music?
11. How do you relax?
12. Are you willing to exercise with me to improve our health?
13. If I had to change my diet because of medical concerns, would you be willing to change yours as well?
1. How close are you to your parents?
2. What are some ways that your parents modeled the kind of marriage that you want?
3. Do you want kids? What do you want them to be like when they grow up?
4. How do you feel about adoption?
5. Would you allow a family member to babysit your children?
6. How do you plan to continue “dating” even when you have kids?
7. Do you have any family holiday traditions?
8. Would you let your children believe in Santa Claus, Easter Bunny etc.?
9. How would you handle it if we weren’t able to have children?
10. How much say do children have in a family?
11. What do you believe the role of a wife is?
12. What do you believe the role of a husband is?
13. Will you lead our children in doing devotions?
1. How do you make a budget?
2. Are you debt free?
3. Do you handle your money, or does your money handle you?
4. What was the most expensive thing you’ve ever bought?
5. Would you rather be rich and miserable or poor and happy?
6. Would you be willing to get a second job if we were struggling financially?
7. What lesson about money did you parents teach you?
8. Would you risk everything on an investment or business idea?
9. Do you think joint or separate checking accounts are better when married?
10. Do you think married couples should pay the bills together or separately?
1. What is your deepest insecurity?
2. What is your goal in dating?
3. What are your physical boundaries in a relationship?
4. Who is a mentor that you look up to?
5. Do you see yourself as more creative, or more analytical?
6. Would you allow me total access to your phone/faceebook/email etc.?
7. If we were having relationship troubles, would you feel comfortable going to a counselor?
8. What do you want to be most appreciated for?
9. What is the process you use in making a decision?
10. What is love to you?
11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?
12. When was the last time you shed a tear?
13. In what areas do you want to change the most?
14. What are three things you think we have in common?
15. What are the biggest differences between us?
16. Should we have dates that include our friends?
17. What are some of the qualities you like in me most?
18. If I were to ask you what word comes to your mind to describe yourself, what word would it be?
19. What are your thoughts on home-schooling, public school?
20. How can I be better at communicating with you?
21. Will we go to bed angry at each other?
1. Who is Jesus to you?
2. How do you become a Christian?
3. How is your prayer life?
4. What is a bible verse or passage that is really challenging you right now?
5. Do you have/had any addictions?
6. When was a time that was really difficult to trust God in your life?
7. How would you react to a homeless person that crosses your path?
8. Tell me about a time that you got to be really generous?
9. What does it mean to love others?
10. What is God’s calling on your life?
11. What lures does Satan use to tempt you?
12. What is your church like?
13. What ministry speaks to your heart?
14. Do you faithfully tithe?
15. Have you ever lead somebody to Christ?
16. Do you know what your spiritual gifts are?
17. Do you believe emotional cheating is just as bad as physical Cheating?
18. Tell me your opinion on Divorce?
19. What does Forgiveness mean to you?
20. What is your definition of an honorable man/woman?
21. Where do you get your spiritual nourishment?
22. Will you share your testimony with me?
23. Are we doing this now in an appropriate way: praying together about our lives and future, reading the bible together?
24. Is it important to you to have a home church, and be involved there?